The Family Card credit balance will be stored on the Family Card. The charged card is used as a form of payment for various recreational and educational activities.
Who will receive the Family Card?
The Family Card can be issued to children and young people in Stuttgart from birth up to and including the age of 16, i.e. up to one day before their 17th birthday. The prerequisite is that your total annual income does not exceed € 70.000 (in accordance with § 2 Para.3 of the German Income Tax Act - EStG). You must provide evidence of this from your income tax return from the previous year.
There is no income limit for families with 4 or more children. However, you must prove that you receive child benefit for at least 4 children living in your household.
What benefits does the Family Card include?
1. A credit balance of € 60 a year per child, which can be used for various offers. The money is stored on an electronic chip and is debited using reader terminals at the acceptance points.
2. A 20% reduction on fees for the music school and on parental contributions to the "Stadtranderholung" (Evangelische Ferienwaldheime, Waldheime in Stuttgart) programme, the nationwide holiday initiative for inner-city children.
3. A reduction on fees for daycare facilities for children. Further details can be found using the following link:
The Family Card brochure provides detailed information about the possible uses of the Family Card credit balances.
Where is the Family Card available and where can it be charged up?
How do I get a Family Card?
The Family Card is issued and charged up without you having to make an application if you submit your identity card and your 2020 income tax return. In exceptional circumstances, if no income assessment is available, other forms of evidence of annual income will be accepted (e.g. your December 2021 pay slip or your 2021 electronic certificate of income tax deductions). Furthermore, the Family Card issued and charged up after you submit notification of the provision of benefits in accordance with the
- Social Code II (SGB II)
- Social Code XII /SGB XII)
- the Asylum Seekers' Benefits Act (AsylbLG)
- or the Bonus Card + Culture 2022
What is the time period for charging up the card?
The Family Card credit balance can be charged up until 14 December of the current year. The credit balance can only be charged up for the following year from 15 December.
How long does the Family Card remain valid?
The credit balance is valid for one calendar year. This cannot be accumulated for the following year and expires automatically after 31 December of any year.
What happens if you lose the Family Card?
If the Family Card is lost, the person in question must visit the Office for Voluntary Services in Eberhardstr. 33, 70173 Stuttgart in person during office hours. A request can be made there to block the card and a replacement card can be issued with the verified residual credit balance.
Do Family Card members get an access benefit?
Until 31.12.2019, access benefit has been credited to, an debited from, the Family Card. This process has been discontinued. From 01.01.2020, the job centre or social welfare office will transfer access benefit of 15 euros per month to anyone entitled.
It will no longer be possible to credit/debit the access benefit to/from the Family Card. Further information ist available under Jobcenter or 0711 216-94350
What are the basic rules of the Family Card?
- The Family Card is not transferable to other people. However, the credit balance can also be used for family admission tickets.
- The Family Card credit balance cannot be transferred to a cash card or used to puchase vouchers.
- The sale of tickets and vouchers which have been purchased through the Family Card credit is not permitted.
- The State Capital Stuttgart reserves the right to withdraw the Family Card in case of misuse.
- If a Family Card is lost, it can be replaced only once in exceptional cases, for example in case of theft.